SJAC has no paid organizers or staff and consists of a Board of Directors, Advisory Council and Coordinating Committee.
Board of Directors
- Robert Van Pelt– President, Umatilla and Tututni Siletz tribal member, Society of The People Struggling to Be Free, Defender of Religious Freedom for Natives held in jails and prisons in the State of Oregon, Native Community Cultural and traditional Extremist.
- Adam Carpinelli– Board Secretary, The Jericho Movement, Keys, Beats Bars, Right 2 Survive, Northwest Alliance for Alternative Media, Prison Pipeline Collective, Reclaim, Remain, Rebuild
- Rio Collier– Board Member, Roots and Beats, Northwest Alliance for Alternative Media and Education
- Lielah Lieghton- Board Member
- Ibrahim Mubarak- Board Member, Right 2 Survive
- Tod Sloan– Honorary Board Member (RIP 2019), Cascadia Center for Social Ecology (activist support), professor emeritus of Lewis & Clark Graduate School (critical psychology).
Advisory Council (in addition to Board members above):
- Mic Crenshaw, Afrikan HipHop Caravan.
- Marco Mejia, Board Member. Immigrant rights organizer, Portland Committee for Human Rights in the Phillippines (PCHRP), formerly Jobs with Justice, Portland’s Office of Neighborhood Involvement.
- Romeo Sosa, Voz Workers’ Rights Education Project.
- Monica Beemer, Western Regional Advocacy Project, formerly ED of Sisters of the Road.
The SJAC coordinating committee ensures that our working groups (scheduling, maintenance, admin, outreach, programs, fundraising) implement the guidance of the advisory council and board.